We all deserve a break from time to time…and performers are not the only ones who can benefit from the ‘escape’ that live theatre can provide. I am, by no means, suggesting that we ignore the world around us HOWEVER, I firmly believe that it can do us all a little good to take a few hours for ourselves here and there to let the world go and get a little “lost”. I certainly encourage you to take advantage of many, many splendid opportunities this weekend to do just that, beginning as early as tonight if you are so inclined. FIVE of our area performance groups are presenting shows this weekend so there is certainly something for everyone on the menu.
- Johnson City Community Theatre presents Little Shop of Horrors – Sept. 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, & 16 @ 7:30 and Sept. 10 @ 2:00
- Greeneville Theatre Guild opens And Then There Were None – Sept. 8, 9, 15, & 16 @ 7:00 and Sept. 10 & 17 @ 2:00
- Jonesborough Repertory Theatre kicks off Disney’s Beauty and the Beast – Sept. 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, & 30 @ 7:30 and Sept. 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, & Oct. 1 @ 2:00
- Theatre Bristol enters the closing weekend of Tom Sawyer – Sept. 8 & 9 @ 7:30 and Sept. 10 @ 2:30
- Kingsport Theatre Guild prepares to wrap up All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten – Sept. 8 & 9 @ 7:00, Sept. 10 @ 2:00
Visit the corresponding website above to purchase your tickets. Some of the productions are already nearly sold out so don’t dawdle!!
What upcoming productions are YOU most excited about? What is the ONE SHOW of the fall that you just are not going to be able to miss??